Our flight ended up leaving at midnight instead of 9pm due to some type of problem starting the engines. The pilot kept referring to it as the air conditioner that starts the engine.
After rolling us back to the terminal (where I thought they were going to unload us), they got a jumpstart and decided to take a different route. Because the equivilent of the check engine light was lit, we were not permitted to cross the Atlantic in one shot. So....
Calls to London by the pilot to get a couple airports in Canada, Greenland, and Iceland to reopen so we had a place to land in case the engines decided to stop working and we had to make an emergency landing.
So we took a little longer route, but we didn't need the airports along the way.
Four hours later than scheduled, we arrived in London.
Yea!!!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH MY!! If I had known that I would have had you get off that plane!! Are they crazy to take a chance like that?!*!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made safe and sound!! : )
ReplyDelete